Another Daytona for Sale

Sonny-Burnett

Here's one I don't recall seeing before. Doesn't look like a McBurnie to me however, with the squared off rear end, small fender flares, the gas cap positioning, and the unusual hard top covering for the convertible top. But the comments/representations are more straightforward than we have seen in some other recent listings. Nice to see. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-RESERVE-/251201965010?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#v4-40Some shots of the car:[ATTACH=CONFIG]7325[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7326[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7327[/ATTACH]

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

A nice Daytona replica for sale in my state. If I had money, I'd soo be all over this.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ferrari-365-1969/SSE-AD-2606458/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Overpriced by a lot though, but I don't think he's seriously expecting to get that much for it. They're worth about $30-40,000. Actually, I've seen some in the US for $20,000. The guy's just being greedy lol.

A nice Daytona replica for sale in my state. If I had money, I'd soo be all over this.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ferrari-365-1969/SSE-AD-2606458/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Overpriced by a lot though, but I don't think he's seriously expecting to get that much for it. They're worth about $30-40,000. Actually, I've seen some in the US for $20,000. The guy's just being greedy lol.

Very nice replica. That will be made by Arrow, or Robin Hood. Steering wheel is on the wrong side :D

• Administrators

Very nice replica. That will be made by Arrow, or Robin Hood. Steering wheel is on the wrong side :D

It's on the right side. :)

It might be a UK import, they're popular in the UK, and we drive on the same side here in Australia, which is convenient. 

Edited by SL1DE

Same car we have seen before (and it has been on the market for awhile)  from the same Reseller (see here http://www.miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/9032-another-daytona-from-our-friend-miamispyders-arturo-c/?hl=arturo) and he is now using his 5th or 6th (at least) new Ebay ID (huntzijd) to try and avoid being connected to his past deals.

CANNOT SAY IT ENOUGH WHEN DEALING WITH THIS RESELLER.....BUYER BEWARE.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Seriously, $100,000 for a Replicar?  Don't think the larger engine even remotely justifies the price.

I knew cars and alot of things were a hell of alot more expensive in auzzieland because of the taxes, but a 100 G for a Jaguar XJS based replica? Yeash

I mean half that I could see it, but 100 G, that's getting up into the the teritory of just buying a chopped Hardtop, which is actually what one of the guys on ferrari chat did

they had the XJ12 Replica first, then they eventually saved enough to buy one of the chopped hard tops for about 3 times that.

probably one of the ones done while vice was on the air, like that Yellow one the lawyer had in one of the episodes.

and that scammer guy, an unfortunate fact of life when it comes to anything nice, as theres always someone wheeling and dealing where the money and not the item is the way of life or interest is there focus.

and those are the dangerious ones, when its just business and not business and a love of what your doing or selling, Lookout.

and he's starting to replicate details of the cars more closely too, do we need to rig up the Daytona threads so that only logged in members can see them again?

I mean that is kinda the reason why I havent posted some of my brain stormed ideas to the other thread that I've thought up.

and ontop of that he cant be bothered to space the damn wording right on the ebay Ad!

all sales are final too it says, not exactly confidence building.

Edited by Kavinsky

Same car we have seen before (and it has been on the market for awhile)  from the same Reseller (see here http://www.miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/9032-another-daytona-from-our-friend-miamispyders-arturo-c/?hl=arturo) and he is now using his 5th or 6th (at least) new Ebay ID to try and avoid being connected to his past deals.

CANNOT SAY IT ENOUGH WHEN DEALING WITH THIS RESELLER.....BUYER BEWARE.

Be sure and watch the Ebay listing. If he does his usual scam sales approach for  his "No-Reserve" Auction, if he doesn't get the selling price he wants then he will just end the auction early. In effect it IS a RESERVE auction.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I knew cars and alot of things were a hell of alot more expensive in auzzieland because of the taxes, but a 100 G for a Jaguar XJS based replica? Yeash

I mean half that I could see it, but 100 G, that's getting up into the the teritory of just buying a chopped Hardtop, which is actually what one of the guys on ferrari chat did

they had the XJ12 Replica first, then they eventually saved enough to buy one of the chopped hard tops for about 3 times that.

probably one of the ones done while vice was on the air, like that Yellow one the lawyer had in one of the episodes.

and that scammer guy, an unfortunate fact of life when it comes to anything nice, as theres always someone wheeling and dealing where the money and not the item is the way of life or interest is there focus.

and those are the dangerious ones, when its just business and not business and a love of what your doing or selling, Lookout.

and he's starting to replicate details of the cars more closely too, do we need to rig up the Daytona threads so that only logged in members can see them again?

I mean that is kinda the reason why I havent posted some of my brain stormed ideas to the other thread that I've thought up.

and ontop of that he cant be bothered to space the damn wording right on the ebay Ad!

Used cars actually aren't that expensive here. Just new cars are because we have some "luxury tax".

100k is way over priced, and he probably knows that. He just wants to maximise his profits. Wait for the guy to realise nobody will buy it for that much, then he will lower the price and in the end it'll sell for $30,000. Which is what they are valued at.

Edited by SL1DE

Looked at the Ebay listing and now wondering if this could be a Roberts car. What do you think Jurassic?

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Eingefügtes Bild

Continuing this topic.....The Ebay car above is listed as a "Tom McBurnie" but this is not a McBurnie grill. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-/221427851883)

Eingefügtes Bild

Doors are also not McBurnie doors, and appear to be Roberts doors.

Rear deck also looks more squared off than a McBurnie. Can't tell if there's a gas tank behind the seats in these shots.

Anyone else notice things on this car inconsistent with the Listing in Ebay?

On the seats yes I noticed that also. Don't think locking the threads really solved the problem.

Yeah there is a certain sense of urgency in closing out the deal and allowing NO Recourse if problems are found after the fact. That should tell Prospective Buyers plenty and should raise Red Flags.  

No gas tank behind the seats, best bet it might be a 1976 corvette.

although the door handles may mean nothing really, could have been converted latter and the Grill might be off of a real one judging by how it looks.

more tell tale signs he might be paying attention to the my plans thread.

No gas tank behind the seats, best bet it might be a 1976 corvette.

although the door handles may mean nothing really, could have been converted latter and the Grill might be off of a real one judging by how it looks.

more tell tale signs he might be paying attention to the my plans thread.

Neither JN nor myself could tell from these photos if a gas tank was there. Just not very good angles. Where did you spot that?

I hear you on the door handles, but based on the difficulties JN was having converting his I would think this could be an expensive change that most sellers wouldn't undertake, especially if he re-routed the locking mechanism to a new place.

Well on the Grill I've seen genuine Ferrari grills going for astronomical sums and wouldn't expect that on this car. More likely to me that this was a fabrication or sourced from some other replica maker.

I'm sure you're right about looking at and copying your details. I've noticed this reseller doing that for some time now.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Got a BIG LAUGH today as this Reseller is obviously reading our posts in here and now is concerned someone may report his listing for violations.

So after reading all our comments and questions we've posted in here he's decided to COME CLEAN (or as much as he feels he has to) with, are you ready for this..... NEW ADDITIONS TO HIS LISTING TODAY. :)  (scroll down to see)

Note the references to the GRILL and GAS TANK, and his further DISCLOSURES about radio and speakers (where was that originally?), missing AC compressor (originally said only it didn't work), vinyl painted seats. Painted?

And, interestingly, he commented about the replacement of the door handles as replaced for "Daytona Style". Really? Would be interesting to hear more on that and how he did that. And where are they so they can "Turn"?

So with all these changes....where is the proof of McBurnie manufacturing?

On May-01-14 at 05:11:59 PDT, seller added the following information:

ANSWERS TO RECENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Stereo? No radio or speakers

McBurnie grill? No

Knock Off Wheels? No, bolt on (5 lug)

Gas tank location? Under the trunk between exhaust pipes

AC. ? Missing compressor

Door handles work? Yes by turning, McBurnie handles replaced for Daytona style

Top color? Black (canvas)

Interior leather? No, seats vinyl & panels painted

WILL POST MORE PICTURES

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Maybe it's a Rowley Corvette. The interior looks like Rowley, but the fender flares are too wide for the Rowley Italian GTC.

Maybe it's a Rowley Corvette. The interior looks like Rowley, but the fender flares are too wide for the Rowley Italian GTC.

Maybe we can get JN to weigh in on that. Maybe some kind of local reworked job in vinyl, esp as to the center console. 

As to the exterior (or interior) door handles, I don't see any that can "turn" as his new comments in his listing indicate here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-NO-RESERVE-TOM-MCBURNIE-DAYTONA-SPYDER-365-GTB-TRIBUTE-KITCAR-REPLICA-CORVETTE-/221427851883?forcerrptr=true&hash=item338e20e26b&item=221427851883&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

I'll give him 4 grand for it..........................................................................................................................................................................

I'll give him 4 grand for it..........................................................................................................................................................................

Lol ....it's up to $11 grand, incredibly enough. Better not do it through wire transfer, or you'll have no recourse. ;)

I would have thought most interested buyers are already members of this Site and would already know of his history.

I see he posted some more pics also today....the White one that we have seen MANY times for sale is still sitting in his driveway.

Be sure and watch the Ebay listing. If he does his usual scam sales approach for  his "No-Reserve" Auction, if he doesn't get the selling price he wants then he will just end the auction early. In effect it IS a RESERVE auction.

Price wasn't moving and he PULLED IT...as expected.

**Edit...I noticed after the listing was closed that he had a Buy it Now price of $24,999.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Eingefügtes Bild

Continuing this topic.....The Ebay car above is listed as a "Tom McBurnie" but this is not a McBurnie grill. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-/221427851883)

Eingefügtes Bild

Doors are also not McBurnie doors, and appear to be Roberts doors.

Rear deck also looks more squared off than a McBurnie. Can't tell if there's a gas tank behind the seats in these shots.

Anyone else notice things on this car inconsistent with the Listing in Ebay?

Nice item 

OBTW, www.nbc.com/classic-tv/miami-vice/video is playing the old MV episodes. (Sorry didn't know how to make this a live link.)

Edited by reholmes

OBTW, www.nbc.com/classic-tv/miami-vice/video is playing the old MV episodes. (Sorry didn't know how to make this a live link.)

thats brillant ! :D