Is this the right spot?

Stinger390X

I was traveling in Miami yesterday on the 395 and crossed the MaCarthur Causway to the island There was tons of construction going on but I passed an Airport and stopped to take some pictures.I could swear it was the same place "Chalk's" used in the season opener and finale and many other times over the five seasons where the seaplanes launched.What do you think? Is it the Airport? Sadly it looks run down and there was grass growing in the cracks of the concrete so it look abandoned?[ATTACH=CONFIG]5748[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5751[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5752[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5753[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5754[/ATTACH]Is this not the airport of the final shootout with Crockett and Tubbs and the bad guys?

post-35-13892964329114_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892964329649_thumb.jpg

Nice pictures.Thanks for sharing 'em :thumbsup:I quote Coopster, it sure looks alot like the place in the final shootout.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5753[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5754[/ATTACH]Is this not the airport of the final shootout with Crockett and Tubbs and the bad guys?

Thats the place formerly known as "Chalks " - I was lucky enough to see Chalks in 2004/5 before they disappeared.:D

By the way this is the location of the famous fictions Bernay's Café and a payphone where Crockett call to his wife[ATTACH=CONFIG]5755[/ATTACH]

post-3900-1389296433017_thumb.jpg

By the way this is the location of the famous fictions Bernay's Café and a payphone where Crockett call to his wife[ATTACH=CONFIG]5755[/ATTACH]

Are you going to buy the logo shirt of Bernay's Cafe'?I bought two!http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?16395-Miami-Vice-T-shirt-for-the-more-discreet-fan&highlight=discreet

Wow, where were these photo's two years ago when I needed them. I make 3d scenery for Microsoft Flight simulator X and X44 Miami Seaplane Base was the one I worked on the longest simply because good photos couldn't be found. I needed photo's of the Chalk's building in the worst way. Anyway, I did find some good photo's last fall and I completed my project and released it. Would have been great to have these shots though. Awesome pics. This seaplane base is used several times in Miami Vice. Even in the shows Pilot we see Crockett and Tubbs run down the ramp chasing one of Chalk's Grumman Turbo Mallard's that Calderone escapes in. We see X44 in French Twist, and other episodes. The Bernay's CAFE sign was just down the shoreline on Watson Island, and in season three the St. Vitus Dance is docked near there. There's an episode in season four that takes place there followed by a boat chase, but I can't remember the name right now. One day I'd like to see the place in person. That's a dream of mine.http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg154/luftwayfarer/?action=view&current=2011-9-5_0-42-25-38.jpg

By the way all the pictures I took were in sequence from left to right. Here is the next picture moving farther to the right. Unfortunately no phonebooth or Cafe signage......[ATTACH=CONFIG]5834[/ATTACH]

post-35-13892964353765_thumb.jpg

By the way all the pictures I took were in sequence from left to right. Here is the next picture moving farther to the right. Unfortunately no phonebooth or Cafe signage......[ATTACH=CONFIG]5834[/ATTACH]

Nice shots there, Stinger. :cool:

I'm actually shooting kind of SW there at that point. If this is actually the spot where the Bernay sign was, I should have walked a few steps farther and turned a bit more south to get the background better, instead of the bridge. I agree this could be the spot where Sonny made the phone call as the backdrop does look a bit familiar, although the rapid construction of the area has changed a lot.I can't believe how much of Miami is under construction. It seems like its a perpetual beautification project on steroids!!!

Great photos Stinger!! Thanks so much for sharing :thumbsup:Wow, so there's still a lot of construction going on in Miami? I'm guessing that for those who have visited Miami more than once over the years that the change and transformation would be amazing to see. But for us Vice fans, I guess the only downside is not getting to see filming locations in their original form :(

I guess the only downside is not getting to see filming locations in their original form :(

Choogititmang!You know what they say..... "You can't go home again"

Guest MetroVice

Miami TodayI used Chalk's service on a private charter back around 2002 and they were in business at that time but clearly they've changed hands since then. And yes, this is definitely the same shooting location as the episodes referenced here.Miami is a city that is in a constant state of change and there are few places in the downtown and immediate area that are not under construction. If you visited Miami in 1985 you would have seen marked changes in 1990. Today you almost wouldn't recognize it. The skyline itself is vastly different but there are a few locations that have not changed much but for the most part this is a place that is constantly evolving.God how I miss the 1980's. That was truly a great time in my life :cool: