It's surprising how low key season 1 really was.

Vincent Hanna

Everyone remembers the show for it's big music and action sequences but the first season is relatively low key. The only real epic, expensive looking episodes are really Smuggler's Blues and Lombard(and maybe Calderone's demise). The rest are these very modest character stories like Milk Run, Golden Triangle 1 and 2, Evan, Home invaders, Rites of passage etc.

It's not until season 2 that you get the big car chases and set pieces like in Bought and paid for, payback, Out where the buses etc.

Season 1 may be "low key" but the episodes have solid, interesting stories and especially those cool scenes with remarks like Tubbs in the "pilot" pulling the shotgun on the punks trying to shake him down, & says, "can it wait, I'm a little busy right now?"

No need for car chases .....just cool, toughness!

• Like 2

Season 1 may be "low key" but the episodes have solid, interesting stories and especially those cool scenes with remarks like Tubbs in the "pilot" pulling the shotgun on the punks trying to shake him down, & says, "can it wait, I'm a little busy right now?"No need for car chases .....just cool, toughness!

Yep the writing was pretty awesome and some of the strongest in the series, i wasn't trying to denigrate it by saying that, more of a complement.

Oh and probably one of the biggest action scenes in the whole season is crockett chasing after Tubbs in the Pilot xD. Love that scene.

Edited by thedeparted94

Yes, Dep.94 it was a cool chase with Crockett jumping into Tubbs' boat. Not to mention the iconic scene with "In the Air Tonight" playing in the background. The boat race in the "Great McCarthy" just came to mind with "Born to be Wild", playing.