American Pickers

C Glide

Sweet. "Pickers" is the only reality show that I watch. I dig the show okay..they do find some really cool stuff every now and then.

What kind of dudes are Frank and Mike in person?

Edited by Markwey

Just like on tv. Mike is much more out going and social. He actually came over to me and introduced himself (not that there was any chance I did not already know) to me before I said anything. Thing that surprised me is that they were both much more physically fit than they appear on tv. I always wrongly thought that Mike was a skinny small guy but he is over six feet tall and muscular. Frank is shorter and wider but not out of shape at all. Not fat just wide. I spent some time watching the on tv action as well as hung around in between with Frank and Mike. Mike is very good and direct with questions to bring out information that will help him put on a good show. Like how much does your dad smoke? ok then lets have him smoke on the pick it will give good look for him and keep him calm. We should re-shoot the arrival and this time make your dad where a shirt we don't want our viewers seeing that much of him. His on camera persona is very much the off camera real guy. Frank is more vocal on tv than off.

I like "Pickers" because of the interesting items they find. It seems Mike is getting a little conceited lately, so I haven't watched it much for past few months. I'd like to see your episode...Charlie Glide!

When will it air?

Not sure but likely 8weeks out. They may have started out as it is portrayed on the show but now an advance team goes out to the location 6 weeks ahead of time and scouts it out to see if it is worth while and then Mike and Frank come if it is good about 6 weeks later. They check it out for themselves, get the plan together and then re-arrive to do the filming as if they are arriving for the first time. After they buy the stuff a big box truck arrives later in the day to pick up the goods after they have left.