Don Johnson Returns To Miami With New TV Series

mvnyc

Don Johnson Returns To Television With "Score"

His plan is to return to television, where he hit it big with “Miami Vice†as well as “Nash Bridges.†He’s working on a show with well-regarded director David Gordon Green. The series is called “Score.†“It is set in the 1970s, the rise of big-time college football. It is that era when you start to hear about recruiting violations†says Johnson.

The actor revealed that he would also star in the film, "I play this outrageous coach who breaks all the rules and recruits basically criminals and everybody else and shoots the finger [extends middle finger in my direction] to the NCAA." It would certainly be topical with all the controversy surrounding the treatment and apparent exploitation of student athletes today. Johnson continues, "I wrote it last October and I wanna get it financed completely so I can go to the marketplace without layers and layers of executives and bureaucrats. In my mind, if you’re not bringing something to the dance, but you’re taking a big chunk of the cash, I got no room for you."  The new series will be set in Miami.

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 1

Don Johnson Returns To Television With "Score"

His plan is to return to television, where he hit it big with “Miami Vice†as well as “Nash Bridges.†He’s working on a show with well-regarded director David Gordon Green. The series is called “Score.†“It is set in the 1970s, the rise of big-time college football. It is that era when you start to hear about recruiting violations†says Johnson.

The actor revealed that he would also star in the film, "I play this outrageous coach who breaks all the rules and recruits basically criminals and everybody else and shoots the finger [extends middle finger in my direction] to the NCAA." It would certainly be topical with all the controversy surrounding the treatment and apparent exploitation of student athletes today. Johnson continues, "I wrote it last October and I wanna get it financed completely so I can go to the marketplace without layers and layers of executives and bureaucrats. In my mind, if you’re not bringing something to the dance, but you’re taking a big chunk of the cash, I got no room for you."  The new series will be set in Miami.

Great info - directed by the Eastbound and Down Creator - although this article says 1980s it is set in . 

Hopefully this will see the light of day . :D

http://collider.com/david-gordon-green-score/

Sounds interesting and looking forward to watching Don on the screen again.Glad he's keeping busy and has not disappeared from the television or movie screens.

I'm glad I'll be able to see him acting in a tv series again, but I'm disappointed that it won't be an action series with DJ as a cop or private investigator. I'm not a football fan but I'll watch it since Don is great in whatever he undertakes.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'll be able to see him acting in a tv series again, but I'm disappointed that it won't be an action series with DJ as a cop or private investigator. I'm not a football fan but I'll watch it since Don is great in whatever he undertakes.

Not sure if it is still the time to show Don in an action series as cop.Sure regardly to his age of almost 65 he is back in a perfect body state in these days.

Nevertheless I do not want to look at him running through any streets, a Bren in his hand

shouting behind a couple of bad guys or -still more worse- sitting in a car or bureau/office and directing 'action' from leather seat.I am very glad we probably get the chance to see him just in this role.I am sure it is not only a role to him. He wrote the book to Score with anything in his crazy head to tell and the mentioned 'middle finger' let me keep the hope he stands straight and strong behind his wish to show us something NEW.

He must go apart to this everlasting image with Sonny Crockett.

It makes me sick to read all these comments to his current appearance in social medias with more than 70 % of the comments telling only that: 

WELCOME Sonny Crockett.  :rolleyes: 

Pfffff !Who watched COLD IN JULY can notice easily there is more behind the 'shell' than an action packed role.No offense dear Tony D, please understand me correct. 

But any role who let us start to COMPARE again with Sonny Crockett becomes only a poor copy to what Don is able to show us for new.

Remember this will have to be green lit - may not see light of day  :D

• Like 1

Sounds interesting and looking forward to watching Don on the screen again.Glad he's keeping busy and has not disappeared from the television or movie screens.

Certainly hope it gets funded.

• Like 2

Glad to hear he has a new project.

I am not into sports things too much however I did like "Friday Night Lights" and "We are Marshall" so I may be able to get into it if it is written well.

Bluepearl, I think DJ is still capable of acting as a cop. If you remember Telley Savalas  as Kojak , he was in his 80s, but still cool and tough. Don can still be convincing as he was in Nash Bridges. 

• Like 3