Who do you think you are you piece of plastic shit, arghhhh :)

Joey Hardin

An idiot - but so much like Elgato I agree  :D  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

I agree ,he he he he he heh... :D

Edited by Knight&Crockett

Ricardo Diaz! 

Love playing Grand Theft Auto games. Especially Vice City & Vice City Stories, which both of course were heavily incluenced and inspired by Miami Vice.

It's funny, when I first played that mission it had me fuming because at that time I hadn't realized you could take shortcuts to beat the opposition in the race to the boat, but that cutscene had me rolling on the floor laughing everytime I watched it so it kind of eased the pain.

ahh yes..it reminds me that I need to play GTA:Vice City like right now.so I will do it! :)

I have been taken an nostalgic trip back to Vice City for the last couple of days, and had almost forgotten how wonderful the game still are.

The music, atmosphere, characters and story are all a perfect 10/10 but I have to say I really hate some of the missions, especially the boat missions and some I had to do 10-12 times before finally getting through.

And that can become very frustrating so I have taken some time off cooling down, or I could end up like Ricardo Diaz and letting the anger out on my poor old PS2.  :)

But my favorite part of the game after completing it is competing in the street races at night with Gary Numan's - Cars or The Psychedelic Furs - Love my way on stereo, and watching the neon lights glide by. 

• Like 2

but I have to say I really hate some of the missions, especially the boat missions and some I had to do 10-12 times before finally getting through.

And that can become very frustrating so I have taken some time off cooling down, or I could end up like Ricardo Diaz and letting the anger out on my poor old PS2.  :)

Yeah, a few of those boat missions are quite painful. Especially this sorcery:

Those jumps ....  :evil:

But the one mission that almost sent me into a mental breakdown was this particular mission, especially what happens in the next mission invalidates the need for it:

yeah I always slow the boat down the most for those jumps, and if the seas are choppy forgetaboutit, with the driver its a matter of consistant precision, and making sure to keep the tail planted and not to hit anything, as the car has power uptowards the end of the power band

the saber is all down low hence why it has the edge in that challenge until you get towards the straights at the end, plus if your behind the hinderance from the cops is damn near impossible to deal with

something that if you've ever played the Mclaren Challenge in Hot Pursuit 2 and beaten it you know just how tedius they are, and with the other Mclaren challenge as I literally had to stop the game, take a break for 10 minutes midway through the race and then come back and finish the other 5

so 15 minutes for midway, another for the final leg.

so if anyone says videogames are bad for your ability to focus, they've never beaten NFS Hot Pursuit 2 lol

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

Vice Cityyyyy <3

I don't think I've ever stopped playing GTA Vice City since it came out in 2002 (I was only 8 back then lol)

Best video game ever. I play it at least once a week. Played the story so many times, but sometimes I just play it to cruise around and listen to Emotion 98.3

Edited by SL1DE
  • Like 2

But my favorite part of the game after completing it is competing in the street races at night with Gary Numan's - Cars or The Psychedelic Furs - Love my way on stereo, and watching the neon lights glide by. 

you do that to? :eek:  those are one of my favorite songs in Vice City,and the neon lights...they just drive me back in the Miami Vice moments of Sonny cruizing down the streets of Miami while listening to the Phil Collins-In The Air Tonight :cool: 

Yeah, a few of those boat missions are quite painful. Especially this sorcery:

Those jumps ....  :evil:

But the one mission that almost sent me into a mental breakdown was this particular mission, especially what happens in the next mission invalidates the need for it:

I know how it feels like,I had passed Vice City a gazillion times and still every boat race mission like the one to collect all the packages to unlock the boat yard income,or "supply and demand" mission and the "demolition man" where you need with a small helicopter  model place bombs in building ends me up trying to pass those missions several times and cursing :) 

yeah I always slow the boat down the most for those jumps, and if the seas are choppy forgetaboutit, with the driver its a matter of consistant precision, and making sure to keep the tail planted and not to hit anything, as the car has power uptowards the end of the power band

the saber is all down low hence why it has the edge in that challenge until you get towards the straights at the end, plus if your behind the hinderance from the cops is damn near impossible to deal with

something that if you've ever played the Mclaren Challenge in Hot Pursuit 2 and beaten it you know just how tedius they are, and with the other Mclaren challenge as I literally had to stop the game, take a break for 10 minutes midway through the race and then come back and finish the other 5

so 15 minutes for midway, another for the final leg.

so if anyone says videogames are bad for your ability to focus, they've never beaten NFS Hot Pursuit 2 lol

Yeah, if it starts raining while I'm doing the boat mission in Vice City. I just give up, no dang way you can finish it under those conditions. 

Yeah, last time I played the mission I got lucky on the first straight shot you have from the beginning and managed to do a PIT maneuver on him which actually caused his AI to bug out a bit and crash a lot. I remember the first time I played that mission with a friend somehow he got him to flip his Sabre over and then he had to complete the race on foot. Although in hindsight stuff like that really gives it a lots more replay value as you're never sure what will happen during a mission even if you've played it tons of times.

I had a friend who had all the Need for Speed games and I do remember him having some difficulty with Hot Pursuit even more than the Underground games. I think a few of the Gran Turismo games actually have 24 hour races on the simulation mode so imagine trying to get through those.  :eek:

I know how it feels like,I had passed Vice City a gazillion times and still every boat race mission like the one to collect all the packages to unlock the boat yard income,or "supply and demand" mission and the "demolition man" where you need with a small helicopter  model place bombs in building ends me up trying to pass those missions several times and cursing :)

That helicopter mission gave me trouble the first few times as well (I hear it's about impossible to complete on PC though) but I found if you start from the top and work your way to the bottom of the building it makes it easier, plus the timer doesn't start until you pick up a bomb so you can actually go through the building first to learn the layout and clear it of goons.

That helicopter mission gave me trouble the first few times as well (I hear it's about impossible to complete on PC though) but I found if you start from the top and work your way to the bottom of the building it makes it easier, plus the timer doesn't start until you pick up a bomb so you can actually go through the building first to learn the layout and clear it of goons.

I figured out the same tactics in time,but the first 2-3 times when I had played the whole game time to time.for that moment I really hated the construction workers,like all of them :) but now all is cool,found my ways to pass some missions easier like the mission where you need to jump on the rooftops with a PCJ-600 I just go up with the bike in the elevator,jump throw the window but not on the next rooftop but to ground,go back in the inner courtyard get up the ladder grab the police Maveric helicopter and pass all the pink dots by lovering copter on them.easy :cool:  

Vice City Stories...hmm..had purchased the PSP just to play that game,but I did not get so involved in the Vice vibe like in the original Vice City.of course story is not bad,there are some good missions but some really got to play on my patience.I did not like so much the small business buildings,like the drug and the "girls services" income houses witch are constantly being attacked,had missed more neon lights and Lance not being such a loony but in the end it was fun game (the last missions part to shoot with a rocket launcher helicopters made me think that I destroyed about 70% of Florida's helicopter supply and had died a bunch of times by doing that :) )     my opinion GTA:Vice City Stories 7/10 the biggest thing I loved was the VC Stories poster in the PSP version,got the PC disc with poster and PSP and the last have different kind of posters than the PC version 

Yeah on PC forget about it, with PS2 because of the controls it is possible to get the thing down to a science with the helicopter

And gran turismo, my god I think that is the only game in the history of gaming to make a shelby cobra handle like a front wheel drive car with 150 HP and no traction control, as I just recently tried to give 3 and 4 a shot again and that has to be the least fun game series I have ever played

as you have to spend 60 K on upgrades just to make a car like the 1990 ZR1 handle and feel like it should

and that is with the Rubber Band AI of the NFS series too, where a Volkswaggen Golf will shoot by and pass the BMW M3 GTR on a straight at 260 MPH in most wanted AND keep ahead of you for most of the race after that

and you can always tell which car has the rubber band/Catch up on, its the one that is 8 to 10 seconds ahead of the rest in the leaderboard

or a car will shoot by you in a corner at tripple the speed you can take in NFS Underground, I swear I had to devise a demolition derby like driving style just to win in those games and block them before the AI sped up on the last lap and passed you on the final corner.

after a 6 minute race where you spend 75% of it in front -_-

and that is still more fun that GT will ever been, hell is it any wonder that the NFS series ended after the crash Fetishists of Criterion Games got there hands on it and didnt bother fixing the AI for that or the Run?

and man I just hope they finally fix the bloody thing with the next one, but in the meantime, theres always carmageddon ^-^ a reincarnation of Death Race 2000/Mad Max as a videogame.

which is aimed at people like me who dont want simulation but want fun

plus that interview gives insight into why we havent seen another Interstate 76 sadly or other countless classics remerge

and if your wondering why I even know of that, well I used to be the worlds biggest countach fan, and guess what that game had in 1997?

the best interpretation of a countach I've ever seen that is far better than the same copy and pasted model they used for NFS, Driver SF and Forza

and the way to look at carma is the same way people look at Street figher or mortal kombat, it is the mortal Kombat of the videogame car world.

also with the helicopter mission of Vice City there, I would always tilt the RC helicopter 30 degrees towards the construction workers so the blades would take care of them before they saw me and then just continue on normally.

and with Vice City Stories, I have it on PS2, I've often put in the all black cars cheat code, brought a Stinger back to the hideout along with the Cheetah, in both black and white naturally.

and just cruised to the music after saving and resetting the game to turn off the cheat, hell the only thing that bugs me about that game is the constant dirt skin the cars have from San Andreas.

all except the black cars lol.

so just imagine crusing to in the air tonight or Love action, or any of the songs on the rock station.

hmm just a pitty that there was no BMW Red Orange Audi Ur Quattro to play around with, especially given the popularity of Group B rally racing back then, and the ashes to ashes connection naturally.

guess that would have to be saved for a GTA UK 1983 game of some sort.

as nothing quite sings like a 5 Clyinder Turbo, oh that was the other thing they buggered up with Gran Turismo -_-

Real Life:

GT:

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

Vice City Stories...hmm..had purchased the PSP just to play that game,but I did not get so involved in the Vice vibe like in the original Vice City.of course story is not bad,there are some good missions but some really got to play on my patience.I did not like so much the small business buildings,like the drug and the "girls services" income houses witch are constantly being attacked,had missed more neon lights and Lance not being such a loony but in the end it was fun game (the last missions part to shoot with a rocket launcher helicopters made me think that I destroyed about 70% of Florida's helicopter supply and had died a bunch of times by doing that :) )     my opinion GTA:Vice City Stories 7/10 the biggest thing I loved was the VC Stories poster in the PSP version,got the PC disc with poster and PSP and the last have different kind of posters than the PC version 

True I have it on PSP also, never finished it on that though, instead I got the PS2 version and the vibe felt better. It was also more comfortable to play. I listened to Radio Espantoso during the day, and the other stations at night. Had a good Miami vibe listening to Espantoso during the day time at the beginning of the game when you're doing the Cuban missions, driving around Little Havana.

And yeah, business constantly getting attacked is the most annoying part of VCS.I didn't really have a problem with the last mission, just that mission where there are girls in bikinis shooting assault rifles.

• Like 1

Yep. Vice City is beyond classic. It's the best game ever. It's aged very well too. It's still as great and as much fun now as it was when it was first released, even though video game technology has moved on since then.

When I first got into Vice City I thought Ricardo Diaz looked a lot like Jon Polito. Then I saw the Burnett trilogy and I realised why.

I always liked recreating Calderone's Return by driving the Squalo speedboat around the water while listening to 'Voices'.There's lots of scenes from MV you can recreate in Vice City. I also liked recreating Lombard with the sailing boat out on the Ocean and the chase scene from Bought and Paid For. You can recreate the chainsaw scene from Scarface too, on Ocean Drive and Apartment 3c in Ocean Beach.

Vice City rules!

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 2

• Administrators

So, I stumbled across a Vice City location mod for racing simulator 'rFactor'...

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

:D

• Like 1

I didn't really have a problem with the last mission, just that mission where there are girls in bikinis shooting assault rifles.

oh yes that mission is hard,must be because of the bikinis distracting the aim when firing :) 

• Like 1

also I really like the GTA:Vice City Stories Inquirer with stuff in there like all the song track names,small ads with selling boats,houses,cars and old gaming machines.it looked really cool to me
Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Victor
  • Like 2

Not only have Vice City got the best music and Dj's it's also the only GTA game where I don't turn off the radio when the commercials shows up.

Pure comedy gold all the way.

Just the Five of us  09:05

BJ Smith's "Fit for Football" Program 1 19:46

Exploder: Evacuator Part II 23:50

"Oh, that song was magnificent! Like a beautiful lady, or a pack of ugly, desperate ones. You know, the kind anyone can get ahold of, even if you're a little slow and take special classes."

Fernando Martinez sure knew how to make the ladies feel special.  :D 

• Administrators

also I really like the GTA:Vice City Stories Inquirer with stuff in there like all the song track names,small ads with selling boats,houses,cars and old gaming machines.it looked really cool to me

Eingefügtes Bild

Yes! They always did this with GTA games, the booklets were always an entertaining read. However they didn't do anything for GTA V's booklet, there's nothing in it at all. :( I felt sad when I opened GTA V's book for the first time and there was only two pages, one explaining what button does what, and the other saying to go to the website for a full game manual. 

But the original Vice City, I have on PS2, PC, and I also purchased it on PS3 for some reason. :)

Edited by SL1DE