Green Onions - Booker T. and The MG's

Ell.a

• Administrators

All right people, the rest of the hard workingAll star blues brothers are gonna be out here in a minuteIncluding my little brother JakeBut right now, I'd like to talk a little bit about thiE you're hearing this is of course the green onions tuneIt was a very big hit in the early sixties in this countryAnd of course it was composed and recorded inMemphis, Tennessee, right hereE, United States Of America, you know peopleI believe that this tune can be acquaintedWith the great classical music around the worldNow you go to Germany, you've got your bachYour Beethoven, your BrahmsHere in America you've got your Fred McDowellYour Irving Berlin, your Glenn Miller and your Booker T & The M.G.'sPle, another example of the great contributionsIn music and culture that this countryHas made around the world and as you look aroundThe world today, you see this country spurnedYou see backs turned on this countryWell people, I'm gonna tell you something,This continent, North America is the strongholdThis is where we're gonna make our stand in this decade, yeahE, I've got something to say to the state departmentI say take that archaic Monroe doctrineAnd that Marshall plan that says we're supposedTo police force the world and throw 'em out, let'sHome for the next ten years peopleRight here in North AmericaAnd enjoy the music and culture that is oursYeah, I got one more thing to sayI'm just talking about the music, people and what it does to meAnd that is as you look around the worldYou go to the Soviet Union or Great BritainOr France, you name it any country, evDy is doing flips and twists just to get intoA genuine pair of American blue jeansAnd to hear this music and we got it all here in AmericaThe land of the Chrysler 440 cubic inch engineSong written by Kris Kristofferson---> Homepage