Be My Enemy - The Waterboys

Ell.a

• Administrators

Well the dawn it is howlin'and the mainframe shakesI feel like I've been sleepin' ina cellarful of snakesMy wings have been clippedand my shoes have been stuck with glueWell if you'll be my enemyI'll be your enemy tooNow I've got goons on my landingthieves on my trailNazis on my telephonewilling me to failthey were all sent by someoneObviously you!Well if you'll be my enemyI'll be your enemy tooI've got a bucketful of BabylonI got a handful of leadI'm gonna put them in a gun manpoint it at your headbecause you stole all my friendsand you gave me the buffalo bluesWell if you'll be my enemyI'll be your enemy tooNow from the slime on your tongueto the nails on your toesfrom the scales on your skinto the stains on your clothesyou're gonna make me have to do somethin'that I do not want to dobut if you will be my enemyI'll be your enemy tooMy hands are tiedI'm nailed to the floorfeel like I'm knockin' on theUnknown Doorthere's a gun at my backa blade at my throatI keep on findin' hate mailin the pockets of my coatWell I've been trying to growI been coolin' my heelsI have been workin' in the fieldsand I can't get to sleepI can't catch my breathI can't stop talkin' and Ilook like death!but I will put right this disgraceI will rearrange youIf you'll be my enemyI'll be your enemy tooIf you'll be my enemyI'll be your enemy tooBe my enemy

---> Homepage