After the fire - Roger Daltrey

Ell.a

• Administrators

After the fire the fire still burnsThe heart grows older but never ever learnsThe memories smoulder and the soul always yearnsAfter the fire the fire still burnsI heard a voice asking what happens after the fireAnd then the sound of a breaking window and the scream of a tyreAnd then the sound of a distant gun and the cry of a hungry childThe night is hotBut nothing's gonna stopThis gang going wildAfter the fire the fire still burnsThe heart grows older but never ever learnsThe memories smoulder and the soul always yearnsAfter the fire the fire still burnsI saw Matt Dillon in black and white there ain't no colour in memoriesHe rode his brother's Harley across the TV while I was laughing at Dom deLuise.Now I'm cycling all my video tapes, I'm crying and I'm jokingI've gotta stop drinkingI've gotta stop thinkingI've gotta stop smokingAfter the fire the fire still burnsThe heart grows older but never ever learnsThe memories smoulder and the soul always yearnsAfter the fire the fire still burnsThe fire still burns, raging through the painBlackening the promises the tears and the rainThe fire will burn'Til the wind begins to turnAnd it all begins againAfter the fire the fire still burnsThe heart grows older but never ever learnsThe memories smoulder and the soul always yearnsAfter the fire the fire still burns 

Lyrics by Roger DaltreyMusic by Pete Townsend

---> Homepage---> Fansite